Monday, June 22, 2015

WEEK #38 IN TIRANA, ALBANIA



June 22, 2015


Family and Friends,


Hello from hot Tirana. We have had a hot week with a couple of scattered thunder storms. I am excited to be beginning my final week as a missionary. I will have one more P-Day and I will have an opportunity to write one last letter.

The Gift of 1,220 Albanian Bibles

This week was actually full of wonderful things. Right after I gave my last district training we had a miraculous happenstance. A man came to the church and asked to speak to the assistants. He took them to his nearby office and offered 1,220 Albanian bibles completely free. He felt that it was a sin to sell them and a greater one to throw them away. It just so happened that he had seen for years these guys in white shirts carrying a holy book that had a church in the vicinity. We spent about 45 minutes moving in his generous gift. We have to wait for an approval of the translation but it would be such a great blessing to distribute them to the members who do not have bibles, many do not.

Sokol's Girls + Elders and Anja Beleshi


It is a constant joy to teach Sokol and his daughters. Xhesika is progressing towards baptism. Unfortunately she will be ready after I leave but it is pleasure enough to know that I have had an opportunity to help her and the members of her family learn the Gospel. We have been using the Bishop’s daughter Anja in teaching them and this week we invited another friend Sara from the Young Women. Both Anja and Sara were fantastic in teaching and befriending the girls.

We have had a good week in finding new investigators. We have begun teaching two investigators named Koli and Hiqmet. Koli is an English teacher and a fantastic man. He was able to come to church and take the sacrament along with Hiqmet. Hiqmet is a professor of engineering and has some reputation. We have been using Brother Skuka, an engineer himself, in our lessons with Hiqmet and he related to us his notoriety. We are excited to be teaching both of these brethren.


On Sunday, Albanian Election Day, I had the honor to teach both 2nd and 3rd hours in Church. We talked about the Creation and Fall in Gospel Principles (which became an English Missionary Gospel Doctrine class because only missionaries and former missionaries were in attendance) and then Follow the Living Prophet in Priesthood. It was a lot of fun and I assuredly was just enlightened as everyone else in the class.
Hameid, the T2 Elders' investigator from Iran


I am very close to the end and I wanted to express my love and appreciation for every single one of you who has been such a great support throughout my mission. I thank you for all your letters and email of support and encouragement. I couldn’t have done it without you.

With great love,

Elder Açësoni i Madhërishëm 






No comments:

Post a Comment