Monday, June 15, 2015

WEEK #37 IN TIRANA, ALBANIA

June 15, 2015

Family and Friends,
Visiting the home of Mother Teresa

Hello from hot Tirana. The temperature is making things difficult but we endure. We are doing our best to pull people off the sweltering streets into the cool conditioned church. But most of our work has been tracting this week.

I would like to give an update on Sokol and his family. When we went for the first time this week we took Anja, the Bishop’s daughter, with us and we taught the 10 commandments with hand signs. The girls ate it up. We read through Mosiah 12 and 13 and taught the 1st commandment by using one finger pointing to heaven saying there is one God, the 2nd commandment by using one finger on one hand bowing to the second on the other to remind us to not worship images nor figures, and so on. Those girls learn like sponges.

We came back again two more times and taught follow the prophet and the law of chastity. Those girls have been prepared by good parents. It is so apparent for me that the Gospel is not just taught but lived. The parents of these girls have done what many parents strive for: they have instilled an open heart and quick spirits. They are independent and free in their approach to learning about the Gospel and coming with willing hearts. Xhesika’s understanding and assimilation is astounding and the change is great to see as well. I am grateful that the Lord has given me this opportunity to teach them at the end of my mission. I hope that all the preparation that I have received has allowed me to be ready to teach these precious spirits.

I had a great opportunity to go to Vlorë and to sing with the Albanian Mormon Choir. We had the opportunity to bear
Election time in Albania
our testimonies with song. It was a powerful experience that I had to visit those people with my missionary friends. I am so grateful for the gift of music and that we can share it. I am excited to do that again in the future.

I love you all and am excited to report success.

Love,

Elder Açësoni i Madhërishëm



No comments:

Post a Comment