Monday, June 8, 2015

WEEK #36 IN TIRANA, ALBANIA

Family and Friends,

I am so grateful for a great week here in Tirana.

I would like to tell you about a fantastic family whom we are teaching. The father is named Sokol and when you first meet Sokol, you fear for your life. He has a bodybuilder frame and his biceps could be envisioned as shredding car doors. But your fears are quickly quieted when you see him smile. He is one of the nicest men I have meet in my life. He greets with warm hugs and embraces you with his hospitality. He is the ideal of what a father should be.

He has four daughters: Xhesika [said 'Jessica'] (13). Xhevehire (11), Ergysa (9), and Arlinda (6). They are the beacon of what well behaved and well nurtured young ladies should be. They are all the tops of their classes and fun. I feel as though I am in Pride and Prejudice every time we visit their home. 

Xhesika has accepted to be baptized and brought her little sister Ergysa to church for all 3 hours. Xhesika is sharper than sharp. The youth Sunday School teacher asked me and Elder Greener to come and do a role play of a ward council and to have the members of the class as the representatives of the various organizations. I was the bishop and Elder Greener was the Elders' Quorum President. Xhesika was the ward mission leader. She did fantastic and took an active role in offering advice on how to help hypothetical investigators. 

I am super excited for Sokol and his family. My companion and I love teaching them.

Some of the musically capable missionaries in Tirana have been requested to form a missionary choir to be apart of the greater stake choir. We have formed an octet and are singing a beautiful arrangement of 'Praise to the Man' and will be displaying it among sacrament meetings this month. This Sunday we will be in Vlorë singing and then two later Sundays in June we will be in Elbasan and in Durrës. I learned that my last Sunday in Albania will be in Durrës. I am happy to hear about that, I love Durrës.

For P-Day this week we had a cross-zone basketball game to say goodbye to Elder Rawlings. I am sad to see him go but it is nice to know that we will all see each other again at school. It is nice to know that life does continue after mission. I admit it nice to know that so many of us are going to BYU. 

Well I love you all and I hope that this week has been great for you and I will report more next week. 

Elder Açësoni i Madhërishëm

No comments:

Post a Comment