Monday, May 18, 2015

WEEK #33 IN TIRANA, ALBANIA

Family and Friends,
 
Elder Acheson at Goal

Hello from Tirana! it is getting hot here in Albania. The days are getting hotter and longer.

This has been an interesting week. We did an exchange with the APs in our district. Elder Stewart came to my area and Elder Greener went with Elder Bangerter in their area. It was very nice to be with Elder Stewart. He and I have served around each other longer than any other missionary that I have served with. He is a hard worker and is very sensitive to the Spirit.

We as a district have been doing district street contacting. It is a way that we have to improve our contacting methods and to provide a bigger, more noticeable appearance in the area. Since we have two wards we do street contacting twice a week switching in between 2nd and 4th Ward areas. I feel that this has helped our finding efforts and allows us to observe how other missionaries go about contact so as to improve our own efforts.

We found a new guy who has accepted a baptismal date named Halim. I met Halim while doing the group street contacting a couple of weeks ago. I saw him carrying a bag of bottles to be recycled (which is unfortunately a non-too-common activity). I saw him and it was not a usual thing for me to ask for phone numbers from people that I assume do not have phones. I am so glad that I did. He came to Church last week and came this week. We will be passing him off to other missionaries who are closer to his home in a different ward but I am so grateful that I could meet this very nice and great man.

President Weidmann in the heat of the game

For P-Day we played soccer with the Durrës district and members of the Tirana zone. We were all delighted to be joined by our Mission President, President Weidmann. As it turns out the man has got some moves. It was very nice to also spend time with Elder Richards, my former companion from my group. He and I are about to end our time here and it was nice to be with him. We also got to go in the the National Museum! Who knew that today was the international day of museums and that it would open on Monday, its

Celebrating Christmas with Elder Richards
holiday? I have wanted to do that since to beginning of my mission. It is the big museum with the grand communist-era mosaic.


I am reminded everyday of the tender mercies of the Lord while here in Tirana. I love this city and this people so much. While with Elder Stewart we had an opportunity to visit the Zela Family, the 3rd Ward Bishop and family who happen to live in our area. I love the simple spirit of love, concern, and support that I found there. Meeting with them makes me glad that I accepted the call to serve as a missionary. I hope every missionary has the opportunity to come across a family like them. There are many other people whom I consider long-lost mothers and fathers, brothers and sisters, and even sons and daughters to me here. I cannot fathom the amount of love that God has for each and every one of us. If I love these people this much, how much more does God love them, love us?

I love you all. I hope to continue to report successes and uplifting experiences.

Love,

Elder Açësoni i Madhërishëm I




No comments:

Post a Comment