Monday, April 6, 2015

WEEK #27 (RETURN TO TIRANA, ALBANIA)



Elder Acheson and Elder Greener hanging out in the snow on top of a mountain. 


Family and Friends,

This has been a great beginning to what I hope to be a fantastic final transfer for me as a missionary. I am 3 months away. The office called me the other day and asked me which airport I would like to return home through. I tried to get Provo Municipal Airport but that was not an option. 

I am now in Tirana 4th Ward which is on a diagonal line from the Tirana 3rd Ward (the place where I served 7 months). I am the district leader over the Tirana 2nd and 4th Wards which takes in a bit more than half of the city. There are 10 missionaries in my district. We have the assistants to the president Elder Bangater and Elder Stewart (who, if neither of us get transferred, will have served 7.5 months with me which is longer than any other missionary) and a sister set consisting of Sister Chesire and Sister White are in 4th Ward with me and Elder Greener. In 2nd Ward are Elder Vërushi and Elder Guymon (a trainee) and Sister Zollinger and Sister Johansen (another trainee). We have the biggest district population in the mission. I am excited to work with these fantastic missionaries.

For Easter our ward went to the artificial lake and had an Easter egg hunt. We got to hide the eggs and have a lot of fun. I know a lot of the members already in 4th Ward and it was as if I had never left Tirana from 3 months ago. I am very excited to be here.
Add caption
Elder Acheson with a sacrificial knife in Kruje

For P-Day we headed back to Krujë to the north of Tirana. When we got there it was raining very hard. That rain turned to snow when we went on top of the mountain. I actually got to see snow on my mission! I was so happy. Though all of us got completely soaking wet and froze, I am so happy that we could do that.

I am excited to serve with Elder Greener. We already have seen some awesome miracles. We were tracting on our 3 day together and we tracted in to some young men. They told us they were Muslim and as the lesson progressed 4 other friends came in and we ended up teaching 6 twenty-one year old Muslim men. The spirit was so powerful and so perfect in its direction. A couple of them throughout the lesson had to pop out and in at various times. That was so important because they were all asking questions. The absence of some meant that we could move on in teaching the lesson. When one would show up, his friends would explain what we had just taught. They all were fixed on the lesson and were very respectful. This could have become an absolutely terrible experience. It was one of those lessons were while sitting there I have to consider objects in my reach that I could use as a weapon, escape routes, how I could quickly debilitate them, but they listened and asked amazing questions. We were so blessed to have the opportunity to teach them and I expect to teach them again this week.

I love you all and I hope to report another fantastic week!

-Elder Açësoni

P.S. Check out Le Petit Elder Acheson's blog at racetolyon.blogspot.com

P.P.S. If you have missed any of my past letters got to barbyacheson.blogpsot.com

[Pictures]
Elder Acheson and former president George W. Bush





No comments:

Post a Comment