Monday, January 26, 2015

WEEK #6 IN FIER, ALBANIA



Family and Friends,

Happy Holocaust Remembrance Day! I hope you and yours remember what it means to be a international-law abiding citizens and non-war criminals!

This week has been full for us here in Fier. Elder Eddings and I have a new house that is beautiful with enough closet space for my ties. It also has two bathrooms with separate water heaters.

On Tuesday I had a meeting with President Weidmann in Durrës and it got out too late to catch a bus back to Fier and so I had to stay with Elder Richards my former companion. We had a great chat and enjoyed a great night together.

On Saturday we were asked to join other missionaries from Lushnjë and go to Berat to assist in the opening of the city. We held a presentation of our beliefs at the Hotel Palma in Berat. As part of that Elder Eddings and I went tracting though the old white cobble-stoned section of the city with homes that have stood for centuries. It was gorgeous!

For the presentation I was asked to translate the proceedings into President Weidmann's ear and then I translated for the Humanitarian couple's presentation. It was a great night and I am happy that we could help out.

On Monday Elder Eddings and I visited the most depressing zoo in the world. The Fier Zoo was not what we might call the Garden of Eden. There were about 6 lions who were probably eating what 3 lions should eat. But it was nice to do something outside of Fier.

Well I love you all and I am excited to report an excellent week next Monday,

Elder Açësoni i Madhërishëm

P.S. Check out Le Petit Elder Acheson's blog at racetolyon.blogspot.com

P.P.S. If you have missed any of my past letters got to barbyacheson.blogpsot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment