Wednesday, December 17, 2014

WEEK #26 IN TIRANA, ALBANIA

Family and Friends,

Hello from Tirana! This week has been a great week for us here.

This week my younger brother, Elder Race Acheson, begins his mission to the France Lyon Mission!!
We have been invited, as a mission, to achieve a lofty convert baptismal goal. We dedicated this past week to finding new people and meeting with them. We found some great people this week and did some great coordination work with Brother Gusmari, our Ward Mission Leader. I believe we found some great people this week that may, with work and time, become members of the Church.

This Saturday we, as the Priesthood of Albania, gathered at the Church in Durrës where we participated in a beautiful meeting presided by President Mema and his counselors. The messages, I feel, were truly inspired and carried some wonderful invitations for us. My favorite part of the meeting was reuniting with many members whom I loved from around the country. I got to see Denis and Brother Dhamo from Elbasan and I also was able to see Sadush, the Paja boys and many others there. I was very happy to be there.


We here in Tirana are preparing a Christmas program that we will be giving on the 20th. As part of that there will be a general choir which will perform a selection of traditional Christmas songs in Albanian and a missionary choir which will be performing a special arrangement The First Noel. I would highly suggest your attendance but the distance discrepancy may be a justifiable cause of your absences.

I wish you all a Merry Christmas. My next general communication will be on New Year’s Day. I love you all and we will talk in January

Love,

Elder Açësoni

No comments:

Post a Comment