Monday, November 17, 2014

WEEK #22 IN TIRANA, ALBANIA

Family and Friends,

I hope you have had a wonderful week. We have had an amazing week.
 
At the baptism of Sulejman Muca
On Saturday we held a baptismal service for our investigator Sulejman Muça. I was honored to be asked to perform the ordinance. We had a great attendance at the service and even President Weidmann was able to join us. Brother Cara, the member who introduced Sulejman to the Church, and Elder Richards were able give talks and it was just a wonderful experience.
The missionaries with the Muca family.

Later Saturday evening we were joined by Sister Vermunt and Sister Coleman for a dinner with Sulejman and his family. It was a very pleasant experience and it was great for Sulejman’s children to get to know us better. I believe we adequately dispelled their fears that we were Jehovah’s Witnesses. I am now best friends with Kevin, Sulejman’s 8 year-old son.
One of Elder Acheson's favorite fast food joints in Durres, Albania

On Thursday we had a phenomenal mission conference in Durrës. Elder Timothy Dyches of the Europe Area Presidency came and presided and delivered a powerful training. His wife, President Weidmann, his wife, and President Mema, our Stake President, all spoke to us. For me, President Mema’s words were particularly moving.
A new LDS missionary

Another wonderful thing that happened this week was that a young man from Tirana 3rd Ward named Trashgim Gosturani opened his mission call and he will be serving in the England, Birmingham Mission and he will leave in February. I am very excited to see the growth that has happened with him.

I love you all greatly and I would like to let you all know that my brother Race will be shortly joining the missionary force. I would ask that your prayers be with him in that he will be going in to the MTC in a month’s time. I know that he will be a great missionary.

I love you all,

Elder Açësoni 


No comments:

Post a Comment