Monday, July 14, 2014

#3 WEEK IN GJAKOVA, KOSOVO

July 14, 2014

Family and Friends,

Hello, from hot Gjakova. It isn't as cool here as I had assumed. The temperature doesn't dampen our joy over our baptism!
At Jasemin's baptism with Elder Anderson and Elder Acheson

This week has been full of fun. First on Tuesday I jumped on the 6:00 bus from Gjakova back to Tirana in Albania.
On the bus with Elder Isufaj and Elder Acheson
I took mini-missionary Elder Isufaj to exchange him with Elder Gray. We really enjoyed having Elder Isufaj with us in Gjakova and we wish him well as he begins his mission in Salt Lake City. 

Elder Harvey with his new companion Elder Grey and the Tooleys
A great thing that happened was that while in Tirana I finally got a hold of an Albanian grammar book that I ordered and I was able to study it on the 4 hour bus ride back to Gjakova. I am very excited to use it to improve my understanding of the language. 

To improve my speaking ability, Elder Anderson and I have been conducting a week-long SYL or Speak Your Language experience. We have decided that we are going to speak completely in Albanian when we are together. I am excited for the challenge. I hope that my language ability can lead to helping other come unto Christ.

We did have something interesting happen. In Macedonia, there are riots and the Macedonian missionaries were removed. We had the senior couple and the Macedonian sister missionaries with us for a couple of hours. It was a very nice experience to have the Macedonian sisters with us. It was a breath of fresh air to have good sisters with us.

We did have a baptism. Jasëmin Morina was baptized at Hotel Pashtriku in the swimming pool.
The service was great, we had maybe 15 people there and it was awesome. Jasëmin gave a wonderful testimony after she got changed. Her confirmation was great and everything is well. The Gjakova Branch is excited to have a new member.
At the edge of the waters of baptism

Elder Anderson with the sisters visiting from Macedonia--Sister Riddle and Sister Schofield

Well I love you all and I hope that this week can be great for us all.

Love, 

Elder Açësoni

No comments:

Post a Comment