Tuesday, June 17, 2014

WEEK #18 IN DURRES, ALBANIA

June 16, 2014

Family and Friends,

Hello from Durrës!


Elder Acheson in Krujë

This transfer is near its end. To celebrate that end, I received permission from our leadership to go to Krujë, the home of Albania's hero Skënderbeu, with the Durrës District. It was a fun experience in particular because we were joined by two companionships from Tirana: Elder Baker and Elder Squire accompanied by Elder Rawlings and Elder Smoot. It was a particularly great time because Elder Baker, Elder Rawlings, Elder Clawson, and I are all from the same MTC group and we are all training.
"Daddy-Time" With Elders Acheson, Baker, Rawlings, and Clawson
We had a great daddy-date while the kids ran up the mountain with Elder Gray and Stewart to see the Bektashi Teqe (or Mosque). We talked for about 3 hours and reveled in the fact that we are nearly half-way done with our missions. I am very grateful for the that time I had with them today.

This upcoming week will be our final full week of this transfer period. I intend on finishing very strong. My goal is that we can secure a good investigator family for this next transfer. It will be a good gift to myself or whomever replaces me in this area. I have loved the time I have spent here in Durrës.

I want to thank those of you who have been kind enough to send me a friendly message of encouragement and love. I thank you and I wish that you may have every blessing that Heavenly Father has set aside for you.
 
Elder Acheson with a man at Krujë selling the Book of Mormon
The next letter I send out will be accompanied with information about where I am going and with whom I will spend the next period of my mission. I have loved my time with Elder Ašler and can recognize my growth and his. I love my companion and I am excited to love the next.

I love you all,

Elder Açësoni

[Photos]




1 comment:

  1. love these pictures- you look so happy :)
    The Thompsons in Naples

    ReplyDelete