Monday, May 12, 2014

#13 WEEKS IN DURRES, ALBANIA

May 12, 2014

Family and Friends,

Happy Mother's Day from Durrës!


I am very pleased to say that I had a rather wonderful conversation with my beautiful mother yesterday in the United States.  She, my aunt, my sister, my father, my brother, my cousin, and a dear friend were able to get on Skype with me yesterday.
We had a very nice conversation and was a good opportunity to learn that my cousin Mitchell is going on his mission to Gilbert, Arizona July 9th! I am very happy for him and wish him the best in his preparation and service.

This week has been a full one for us. We had an exchange this week with Elder Stewart and Elder Gray. I went to their area with Elder Stewart and Elder Gray came to mine with Elder Ašler. It was a good experience that I could see how their area was doing. I was and am impressed with the high quality work that Elder Stewart and Gray are producing. This upcoming week we have planned to have an exchange with Elder Clawson and Elder Watson.

One of the things I was able to do with Elder Stewart on our exchange was help the families of two Albanian missionaries, Elder Vërushi and Sister Tengu, so that they could be set up with Skype. It was a wonderful opportunity to help our brother and sister ensure that they could get that Mother's Day boost.

A fun note that happened Sunday was that a former missionary, Elder Asquith, came back to visit people in Albania. He spent a large part of his mission in Durrës and became very close to the members here. It was refreshing to see that he had retained a good control of the language and that there is a potential that I, with work and care, may retain my language well after my mission.


Well I love you all and hope that you  mothers had a wonderful experience and that you children of mothers had an opportunity to pay your love and respect to your mother. President Monson shared a wonderful message on mother hood and I suggest that you all have an opportunity to watch it!  https://www.lds.org/general-conference/1973/10/behold-thy-mother?cid=HPTH050814200&lang=eng 

With great love,

 Elder Açësoni





No comments:

Post a Comment