Monday, February 24, 2014

#2 WEEK IN DURRES, ALBANIA



February 24, 2014

Durres beach on the Adriatic Sea



Dear Family and Friends,

Hello from Sunny Durrës!

This week has been a wonderful full week in the city on the sea. We have been busy from start to finish and it has been a wonderful experience.

The Durrës Branch is the strongest branch of the church in Albania and it still surprises me to realize that missionaries do not need to teach classes on Sunday and other functions like that. The members here are strong and vibrant. I love it and it is exciting.
Durres Chapel

One of the families that we are working with, the Pjetri Family, was originally taught by my MTC teacher Sister Atkin and the family is absolutely wonderful. The father was recently baptized and is working to receive the Aaronic Priesthood and gives us an opportunity to visit the family. The children are so delightful, particularly the precocious 6 year-old Ana. She is the light in the room wherever she goes. She loves to share her favorite scriptures on keeping the Sabbath Day holy and insists on sharing her testimony. They are one of the foundational families that we 


I, thus far, have had an excellent time in Durrës. Forgive me for my brevity this week but we have been working non-stop and we don’t intend on slowing down.

I love you all and I wish that all you have an excellent week.

Elder Açësoni 







This is as close to the Adriatic Sea that Elder Acheson will get to experience as a missionary

No comments:

Post a Comment