Wednesday, August 7, 2013

About Elder Thomas Chase Acheson




On February 20, 2013 I received a special letter that I have been waiting 19 years to open.  As a young man in the LDS faith, you dream of this day.  As I nervously and excitedly anticipated opening this letter, I promised that where ever I was asked to serve a full-time mission, I would do so faithfully and happily.  Surrounded by family and a few on lookers at the American Fork Deseret Bookstore, I open my mission call to the Adriatic South Mission!!    After a loud eruption of applause and amazement, my family and I looked deeper at the mission call to find out just where in the world is the Adriatic South Mission.  In thinking of where I would go, this area of the world never made the list.  But, I assure you, I am overjoyed and am anxiously preparing to serve the Lord to the great people of Albania, Kosovo and Macedonia--the Adriatic South Mission.

My name is Thomas Chase Acheson.  I go by Chase to my family, but many of my closest friends call me Thomas.  For the next two years you can call me Elder Acheson.  I was born February 17, 1994 in Provo, Utah, lived in Bellevue, Washington for a couple of years, then back to Provo.  I graduated from Timpview High School in 2012.  I spent a fall semester 2010 serving as a senate page for Utah Senator Orrin Hatch in Washington D.C.  It was the most influential experience of my life, thus far.  I began Brigham Young University in Provo, UT studying Political Science.

July 3, 2013 I will leave my family and friends and join the throngs of nervous missionaries and begin my journey as a full-time missionary for the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints for two years.  As I set forth I am reminded of my favorite scripture from the Book of Mormon:

 2 Nephi 4:30  "Rejoice, O my heart, and cry unto the Lord, and say: O Lord, I will praise thee forever; yea, my soul will rejoice in thee, my God, and the rock of my salvation."  

I know that our God will be with me and my fellow missionaries as we righteously set out to teach His gospel.  I am willing and ready to begin.


Elder Thomas Chase Acheson


No comments:

Post a Comment